For patients with rheumatoid arthritis, abatacept conferred a greater reduction in CVD risk compared with TNF inihibitors.
Maternal RA exposure in utero may increase the risk for certain chronic conditions, including RA, thyroid disease, and epilepsy.
Investigators sought to determine which characteristics are predictive of remission induction and subsequent loss of remission in patients with moderately active RA.
Researchers assessed the rates of composite cardiovascular events in people with RA using NSAIDs to treat musculoskeletal pain.
Presence of thrombocytopenia at hospital admission may serve as an important prognostic marker for predicting in-hospital mortality for patients with RHD.
RA-specific factors may predispose individuals to developing COPD independent of smoking.
An increase in disease activity 6 weeks postpartum suggests the need for tight follow-up of women with juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
The safety of leflunomide use for rheumatoid arthritis during pregnancy was examined in a prospective study.
Findings from 2 studies examine the role that weight loss, obesity, and overweight play in disease activity, remission, and mortality in RA.
The protective effects of disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs in dementia was evaluated in a retrospective cohort study.
The effects of alcohol on the body's systems are examined here, with both damaging and potentially protective effects being explored. ...
With nearly 70,000 ICD-10 diagnosis codes available to clinicians, things are bound to get interesting.
Increasing evidence indicates serum vitamin D levels and polymorphisms in enzymes involved in vitamin D metabolism can affect the risk ...
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis have an increased risk of developing cardiovascular disease (CVD) and CVD-related mortality compared with the general ...
Validation of a patient-report outcome instrument as an effective independent tool for measuring disease activity and treatment response may one ...
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Raynaud Phenomenon, Migraine Linked to aPS/PT Antibodies in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Then and Now: The Crisis of Physician Suicides
- Case Study: A Syncopal Episode During a Camping Trip
- Salivary Gland Ultrasound Scores Improved With Rituximab in Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Joint Replacement Rates in OA With Diabetes: Effects of COX-2 Inhibitors Plus Metformin
- FDA Advises Recall: Limbrel May Be Linked to Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Allopurinol Use May Lower Risk for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Managing Treatment Nonadherence in Rheumatic Diseases
- Optimal Fibromyalgia Management Includes Individualized, Multimodal Therapy
- Risk for COPD, Asthma Among Women With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nurses' Health Study
- Aspirin Effective for VTE Prophylaxis After Hip, Knee Arthroplasty
- Short-Form Patient-Reported Outcomes Tool Effective in SLE
- Burnout Prevalence High Among Physicians in Single Health System
- Expert Insight: Discussing Sensitive Topics With Patients
- Increased HLA-B27 Associated With More Severe Sonographic Enthesitis in PsA