Data show that the elderly are underrepresented in randomized clinical trials for rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
In patients with rheumatoid arthritis, the use of multiple antibody assays may improve clinical diagnosis and disease management.
Data show that ultrasound is a reliable means of evaluating subtalar joint synovitis in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Old age at onset of early rheumatoid arthritis is associated with more frequent bone erosions.
Recent research points to an association between the gut microbiome composition and various types of immune-mediated inflammatory arthritides.
Genentech announced that the FDA has approved ACTPen autoinjector for Actemra as a new formulation for adults with moderate to severe active RA.
Functional disability progressed more rapidly in postmenopausal compared with premenopausal women with rheumatoid arthritis.
Researchers compared patient-physician discordance in global assessment in patients with osteoarthritis vs patients with rheumatoid arthritis seen in routine care.
The safety of switching from reference rituximab to the rituximab biosimilar was comparable to continuation of reference rituximab.
Data highlight a lack of consideration of personal and environmental factors when studying the effects of RA on hand function.
Rheumatoid arthritis is associated with an increased occurrence of autoimmune thyroid disease, indicated by an increased risk of developing autoimmune thyroid disease before RA diagnosis.
Researchers assessed the risk for peripheral neuropathy with TNFi in patients with rheumatic diseases.
The FDA's approval was supported by data from analytical, preclinical, and clinical research showing that Hyrimoz matched the reference product's safety, efficacy, and quality.
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis have a low influenza vaccination rate, despite the recommendation from the CDC to be vaccinated annually.
Peficitinib significantly reduced symptoms in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and demonstrated tolerability and safety.
JAK inhibitors and biologic DMARDs demonstrated better SF-36 Physical Component Summary and Mental Component Summary scores at 12 weeks.
Data from the PRECISION trial were used to develop and validate a clinical risk score for NSAID toxicity in OA and RA.
Meeting the US Department of Health and Human Services guidelines for physical activity appears to be protective against worsening concentration and word retrieval in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Researchers examined predictors of persistent disease activity during the first year of rheumatoid arthritis treatment in men and women.
The use of triple therapy is infrequent in patients with rheumatoid arthritis in the United States.
Terence Rooney, MD, senior medical director, Lilly Bio-Medicines, discusses updated baricitinib safety data presented at ACR/ARHP 2018.
Treatment with filgotinib over 24 weeks resulted in significant improvements in the signs and symptoms of RA among patients with inadequate response or intolerance to biologic DMARDs.
A reduction in CVD risk was found with concomitant methotrexate and bDMARD use for rheumatoid arthritis.
Although the incidence rate of venous thromboembolism was numerically higher in patients treated with tofacitinib vs TNF inhibitors, the risk was not statistically significant.
The efficacy, safety, and immunogenicity of the infliximab biosimilar and the infliximab reference product were comparable from 54 to 78 weeks.
Patients treated with JAK inhibitors for rheumatoid arthritis may be less likely to have low disease activity if they are obese compared with those who are overweight.
Abatacept reduced the risk for diabetes in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
A high-dose trivalent vaccine may enhance antibody production against influenza in people with RA.
Upadacitinib resulted in greater improvements in rheumatoid arthritis signs and symptoms compared with placebo and adalimumab.
Real-time patient input about treatment satisfaction can improve management strategies in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- One-Session Intervention for Hand OA Improved Grip Strength, Patient Satisfaction
- Exercise, TNFi Provide Differential Benefits for Cardiovascular Health in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Improving RA Diagnosis With Use of Anti-ACPAs
- Anti-Drug Antibody Incidence Risk in RA Increases Over Time With Adalimumab, Infliximab
- MBDA Scores Reflect Response to Rituximab Treatment in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Inflammatory Arthritis and the Gut Microbiome: Do Microbes Hold the Key to New Treatments?
- Examining Insurance Complications in the Shared Decision Making Process for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Filgotinib Safe, Effective for Treatment of Active Ankylosing Spondylitis
- FDA Fast Track Designation Granted for Investigational Osteoarthritis Treatment
- Ultrasonography in Gout: Potential Applications for Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information
- Immunogenicity of Golimumab Validated Using Novel Anti-Drug Antibody Detection Assay
- Poor Vitamin K Status Linked to Low BMD, Increased Fracture Risk in ESRD
- Most Insured Patients Not Using Online Portals