Engage in this case study to test your diagnostic ability to differentiate pulmonary hypertension in the setting of systemic sclerosis.
Researchers estimated the incidence and prevalence of systemic sclerosis in recent years in the United Kingdom.
Factors associated with a higher risk for mortality included male sex, exercise desaturation, and diffusing capacity of the lungs for carbon monoxide <50%.
Short-Term Progression of Interstitial Lung Disease in Systemic Sclerosis Predictive of Long-Term Survival
A decline in FVC and DLCO over 2 years was a better predictor of mortality than baseline FVC and DLCO.
Clinicians should incorporate chest high-resolution computed tomography when screening patients with systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease even when pulmonary function tests results are normal.
Results did not show that on-demand sildenafil was more effective than placebo from a clinical standpoint.
Depression is prevalent in a considerable proportion of patients with systemic sclerosis.
The initiation of statin therapy is associated with reduced overall mortality in patients with systemic autoimmune rheumatic diseases.
Ultrasonographic synovial involvement is frequent in patients with systemic sclerosis.
Clinical enrollment for an open-label, single-arm Phase 1/2 trial of FCX-013 was initiated in August 2018.
Rituximab is a safe and effective alternative to cyclophosphamide in managing the progression of scleroderma and subsequent development of interstitial lung disease.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Ultrasonography in Gout: Potential Applications for Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring
- Immunogenicity of Golimumab Validated Using Novel Anti-Drug Antibody Detection Assay
- Similar Long-Term Outcomes in Early- vs Late-Onset Lupus Nephritis
- Radiographic Knee OA Not Correlated With Diabetes, Altered Glucose Metabolism
- Serum sRAGE Correlated With Disease Activity in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Inflammatory Arthritis and the Gut Microbiome: Do Microbes Hold the Key to New Treatments?
- Examining Insurance Complications in the Shared Decision Making Process for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Smoking Linked to Cognitive Dysfunction in Fibromyalgia
- Patient Education Can Improve Chronic Disease Management
- Health-Enhancing Physical Activity Program Reduces Global Pain in RA
- Chronic Opioid Use Has Doubled Since 2002 Among Patients With RA
- Baricitinib Gets Fast Track Status for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Flaws, Potential Solutions for Physician Incentive Programs Examined
- Metabolic Syndrome, Psoriatic Arthritis Highly Prevalent in Patients With Plaque Psoriasis
- Gene Polymorphisms Predict Response to Tocilizumab, Rituximab in RA