Investigators compared the performance of different spinal radiographic damage scoring methods in patients with early axial spondyloarthritis.
ABT-122 demonstrated acceptable tolerability and maintenance of efficacy at 36 weeks in patients with RA or PsA receiving background methotrexate.
Meeting the criteria for fibromyalgia had a modest effect on disease activity and did not influence the response to TNFi therapy.
Minimal disease activity provided a stable and valid assessment of clinical status over the course of 24 months in patients with psoriatic arthritis.
Sonographic enthesitis scoring instruments have been developed for spondyloarthritis, but only a few have been validated in psoriatic arthritis.
Depression is common in patients with axSpA and is associated with more severe disease activity and functional impairment.
Researchers sought to estimate the occurrence of psoriatic arthritis in patients with psoriasis.
Effective suppression of inflammation with tumor necrosis factor inhibitor therapy decreases radiographic progression in early ankylosing spondylitis.
Researchers observed increased rates of both knee and hip arthroplasties in older patients with ankylosing spondylitis.
Widespread nonarthritic pain is linked to worse patient-reported and composite psoriatic arthritis activity measures.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of ABT-122 Maintained in Psoriatic Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis at 36 Weeks
- Comorbid Fibromyalgia Influences Disease Activity, Quality of Life in Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Knee Load Associated With Increased Walking Pain in Osteoarthritis
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- CVD Prevention Measures Inadequate in Patients With Inflammatory Joint Diseases
- Genetic Screening May Predict Osteoporosis, Fracture Risk
- Exploring the Clinical Implications of Cannabinoid Use in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Diagnosing Lyme Disease in Children With Neuropsychiatric Illness
- Predicting Primary Nonresponse to Methotrexate in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Prednisone, Prednisolone Does Not Adversely Affect Bone Mineral Density in RA
- Sulfasalazine Reduces Pneumocystis Pneumonia Risk in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Response to Certolizumab Pegol at 12 Weeks Predicts Long-Term RA Outcomes
- Performance Phenotypes of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and OA With Accelerometry Data
- Characteristics of Early-Onset SLE Distinguished From Mimicking Conditions