Antidrug antibody incidence was higher using drug-tolerant vs original enzyme immunoassays in patients treated with golimumab.
C-reactive protein levels may be an effective predictive measure to assess treatment response in patients with ankylosing spondylitis.
The TORTUGA trial investigated the efficacy and safety of filgotinib for the treatment of patients with active ankylosing spondylitis.
The incidence of vertebral fracture in SpA was lower than that reported in previous studies.
CVD risk factors were associated with red blood cell distribution and albumin and red blood cell distribution was also associated with age, albumin, hemoglobin, race, HLAB27 status, CRP, and statin treatment.
Data identified both clinical and employment factors that may predict poor work outcomes in patients with axial spondyloarthritis.
Higher radiographic progression was associated with increased inflammation and damage in early axial spondyloarthritis.
Results do not suggest that separate diagnostic strategies for men and women are required.
TNFi therapy failed to prevent the development of joint ankylosis despite a substantial reduction in inflammation with TNFi therapy.
For patients with active radiographic axSpA and prior inadequate response or intolerance to 1 or 2 TNFi, ixekizumab treatment results in significant improvements vs placebo.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Ultrasonography in Gout: Potential Applications for Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring
- Immunogenicity of Golimumab Validated Using Novel Anti-Drug Antibody Detection Assay
- Similar Long-Term Outcomes in Early- vs Late-Onset Lupus Nephritis
- Radiographic Knee OA Not Correlated With Diabetes, Altered Glucose Metabolism
- Serum sRAGE Correlated With Disease Activity in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Inflammatory Arthritis and the Gut Microbiome: Do Microbes Hold the Key to New Treatments?
- Examining Insurance Complications in the Shared Decision Making Process for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Smoking Linked to Cognitive Dysfunction in Fibromyalgia
- Patient Education Can Improve Chronic Disease Management
- Health-Enhancing Physical Activity Program Reduces Global Pain in RA
- Chronic Opioid Use Has Doubled Since 2002 Among Patients With RA
- Baricitinib Gets Fast Track Status for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Flaws, Potential Solutions for Physician Incentive Programs Examined
- Metabolic Syndrome, Psoriatic Arthritis Highly Prevalent in Patients With Plaque Psoriasis
- Gene Polymorphisms Predict Response to Tocilizumab, Rituximab in RA