Investigators compared the performance of different spinal radiographic damage scoring methods in patients with early axial spondyloarthritis.
ABT-122 demonstrated acceptable tolerability and maintenance of efficacy at 36 weeks in patients with RA or PsA receiving background methotrexate.
Meeting the criteria for fibromyalgia had a modest effect on disease activity and did not influence the response to TNFi therapy.
Minimal disease activity provided a stable and valid assessment of clinical status over the course of 24 months in patients with psoriatic arthritis.
Sonographic enthesitis scoring instruments have been developed for spondyloarthritis, but only a few have been validated in psoriatic arthritis.
Depression is common in patients with axSpA and is associated with more severe disease activity and functional impairment.
Researchers sought to estimate the occurrence of psoriatic arthritis in patients with psoriasis.
Effective suppression of inflammation with tumor necrosis factor inhibitor therapy decreases radiographic progression in early ankylosing spondylitis.
Researchers observed increased rates of both knee and hip arthroplasties in older patients with ankylosing spondylitis.
Widespread nonarthritic pain is linked to worse patient-reported and composite psoriatic arthritis activity measures.
Researchers analyzed the characteristics of patients with psoriatic arthritis with and without axial involvement.
Health-related quality of life was diminished in psoriatic arthritis at time of diagnosis compared with the general population.
Reduced cardiorespiratory fitness may be associated with increased risk for CVD in ankylosing spondylitis.
Researchers sought to assess whether it is possible to discriminate between degenerative changes and lesions associated with axSpA.
Treatment with risankizumab was not effective in reducing the signs and symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis at 12 weeks.
In patients with nonradiographic axial spondyloarthritis who achieve remission with adalimumab, continued therapy was linked to fewer flares vs treatment withdrawal.
Researchers sought to assess the reliability of the PGA for musculoskeletal and dermatologic manifestations in patients with psoriatic arthritis.
High-intensity interval training showed no clear effects on disease activity markers in patients with psoriatic arthritis.
Health-related quality of life was similar in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis.
Researchers assessed the reproducibility of UCOASMI in clinical practice settings.
Male gender was associated with better biologic treatment effectiveness in psoriatic arthritis.
Results from a phase 3 study show positive results for ixekizumab in patients with ankylosing spondylitis.
An improved understanding of the gender differences in axial spondyloarthritis can improve disease treatment and reduce disease burden.
The Assessment of Spondyloarthritis International Society Health Index proved to be valid, reliable, and responsive.
Data strengthen the indication for performing a thorough CVD risk assessment in patients with inflammatory disorders.
Fatigue had a significant and independent effect on work disability measures in rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.
ABT-122 demonstrated efficacy and safety similar to adalimumab over 12 weeks in patients with psoriatic arthritis who had an inadequate response to methotrexate.
The FDA has approved updated labeling for Cosentyx that includes data demonstrating that the drug slows the progression of joint structural damage in patients with active psoriatic arthritis.
Axial Psoriatic Arthritis and Ankylosing Spondylitis: Comparing Clinical, Radiologic CharacteristicsJune 20, 2018
It is unclear whether ankylosing spondylitis and axial psoriatic arthritis are part of a spectrum of the same disease, or whether they are separate diseases with overlapping features.
In biologic-naive patients with psoriatic arthritis who are treated with apremilast, early onset of effect was observed across disease PsA manifestations.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of ABT-122 Maintained in Psoriatic Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis at 36 Weeks
- Comorbid Fibromyalgia Influences Disease Activity, Quality of Life in Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Knee Load Associated With Increased Walking Pain in Osteoarthritis
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- CVD Prevention Measures Inadequate in Patients With Inflammatory Joint Diseases
- Genetic Screening May Predict Osteoporosis, Fracture Risk
- Exploring the Clinical Implications of Cannabinoid Use in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Diagnosing Lyme Disease in Children With Neuropsychiatric Illness
- Predicting Primary Nonresponse to Methotrexate in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Prednisone, Prednisolone Does Not Adversely Affect Bone Mineral Density in RA
- Sulfasalazine Reduces Pneumocystis Pneumonia Risk in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Response to Certolizumab Pegol at 12 Weeks Predicts Long-Term RA Outcomes
- Performance Phenotypes of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and OA With Accelerometry Data
- Characteristics of Early-Onset SLE Distinguished From Mimicking Conditions