This week, a phase III trial for investigational drug voclosporin for lupus nephritis treatment was approved, prolonged insomnia may lead to less robust bone formation — causing osteoporosis and bone fractures — and researchers found that women who drink a moderate amount of alcohol daily have a reduced risk of developing systemic lupus erythmatosus.
WCO 2017, FDA grants Rituxan Breakthrough Therapy status, and a close-up of pediatric Sjögren's syndrome highlight this week's The Handoff.
New guidelines for rheumatoid arthritis treatment with DMARDs and money being steered into lupus research highlight this week's The Handoff.
Stem cell therapy to treat arthritis of the knee and osteoarthritis are among the highlights in this week's The Handoff.
Connecticut considers rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia for medical marijuana treatment, while Lyme disease-carrying deer ticks continue to invade Michigan. All this and more in this week's edition.
Juvenile idiopathic arthritis highlights this week's edition, plus other news in the world of rheumatic disease.
Clinical management recommendations for juvenile dermatomyositis, updated guidelines for low back pain treatment, and more of this week's news.
ASAS-EULAR publishes updated axSpA management guidelines, ACR releases first ever Sjogren syndrome classification criteria, and other news.
No effect of body mass index on abatacept efficacy in rheumatoid arthritis, updated hypertension treatment guidelines, prolonged review period for baricitinib, and more news inside.
Specific interleukins identified as underpinning chronic nature of autoimmune diseases, impact of biologics on comorbid condition severity in RA, and updates on potential healthcare legislation.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- One-Session Intervention for Hand OA Improved Grip Strength, Patient Satisfaction
- Exercise, TNFi Provide Differential Benefits for Cardiovascular Health in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Improving RA Diagnosis With Use of Anti-ACPAs
- Anti-Drug Antibody Incidence Risk in RA Increases Over Time With Adalimumab, Infliximab
- MBDA Scores Reflect Response to Rituximab Treatment in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Inflammatory Arthritis and the Gut Microbiome: Do Microbes Hold the Key to New Treatments?
- Examining Insurance Complications in the Shared Decision Making Process for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Filgotinib Safe, Effective for Treatment of Active Ankylosing Spondylitis
- FDA Fast Track Designation Granted for Investigational Osteoarthritis Treatment
- Ultrasonography in Gout: Potential Applications for Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information
- Immunogenicity of Golimumab Validated Using Novel Anti-Drug Antibody Detection Assay
- Poor Vitamin K Status Linked to Low BMD, Increased Fracture Risk in ESRD
- Most Insured Patients Not Using Online Portals