To compare the characteristics of patients who discontinued TNFis with those who did not, researchers used the Corrona PsA/SpA Registry to identify patients with AS who were on a TNFi and had ≥2 follow-up visits.
Clinical improvements during treatment with TNF-α inhibitors was comparable between men and women with ankylosing spondylitis.
No clear evidence links the risk for hospitalized infection and the use of DMARDs or anti-TNF agents in patients with ankylosing spondylitis.
The risk for primary total knee arthroplasty is elevated in young and middle-aged adults with ankylosing spondylitis.
Assessment of Simultaneous Occurrence of Ankylosing Spondylitis and Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis
Researchers explored the co-occurrence of ankylosing spondylitis and diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis.
Effective suppression of inflammation with tumor necrosis factor inhibitor therapy decreases radiographic progression in early ankylosing spondylitis.
Researchers observed increased rates of both knee and hip arthroplasties in older patients with ankylosing spondylitis.
Reduced cardiorespiratory fitness may be associated with increased risk for CVD in ankylosing spondylitis.
Treatment with risankizumab was not effective in reducing the signs and symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis at 12 weeks.
Data strengthen the indication for performing a thorough CVD risk assessment in patients with inflammatory disorders.
Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- One-Session Intervention for Hand OA Improved Grip Strength, Patient Satisfaction
- Exercise, TNFi Provide Differential Benefits for Cardiovascular Health in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Improving RA Diagnosis With Use of Anti-ACPAs
- Anti-Drug Antibody Incidence Risk in RA Increases Over Time With Adalimumab, Infliximab
- MBDA Scores Reflect Response to Rituximab Treatment in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Inflammatory Arthritis and the Gut Microbiome: Do Microbes Hold the Key to New Treatments?
- Examining Insurance Complications in the Shared Decision Making Process for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Filgotinib Safe, Effective for Treatment of Active Ankylosing Spondylitis
- FDA Fast Track Designation Granted for Investigational Osteoarthritis Treatment
- Ultrasonography in Gout: Potential Applications for Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information
- Immunogenicity of Golimumab Validated Using Novel Anti-Drug Antibody Detection Assay
- Poor Vitamin K Status Linked to Low BMD, Increased Fracture Risk in ESRD
- Most Insured Patients Not Using Online Portals