Vaccinations most frequently administered to children did not increase the risk for IgA vasculitis onset during the 3 months post-vaccination.
The FDA has approved updated labeling for Rituxan to include information on follow up treatment for patients with GPA and MPA who have achieved disease control with induction therapy.
Improved biomarkers are needed to monitor disease activity effectively in giant cell arteritis.
Suppressing cytomegalovirus may improve the immune response to a T cell-dependent pneumococcal vaccination in patients experiencing ANCA-associated vasculitis.
Granulomatosis with polyangiitis was associated with an altered nasal microbial composition at both the bacterial and the fungal levels.
Researchers observed severe infections in one-quarter of patients with AAV receiving rituximab.
Renal transplantation is associated with a significant decrease in mortality among patients with end-stage renal disease attributed to granulomatosis with polyangiitis.
Results of the MAINRITSAN2 trial show that ANCA-associated vasculitides relapse rates did not differ significantly among patients treated with individually tailored vs fixed-schedule rituximab infusion regimens.
Tocilizumab therapy improves time to relapse in Takayasu arteritis with a favorable safety and tolerability profile.
EULAR has released 12 evidence-based recommendations for the use of imaging in the diagnosis and monitoring of large vessel vasculitis, including giant cell arteritis and Takayasu arteritis.
Rheumatology Advisor Articles
- One-Session Intervention for Hand OA Improved Grip Strength, Patient Satisfaction
- Exercise, TNFi Provide Differential Benefits for Cardiovascular Health in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Improving RA Diagnosis With Use of Anti-ACPAs
- Anti-Drug Antibody Incidence Risk in RA Increases Over Time With Adalimumab, Infliximab
- MBDA Scores Reflect Response to Rituximab Treatment in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Circadian Rhythm in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Using Chronotherapy to Improve Outcomes
- Inflammatory Arthritis and the Gut Microbiome: Do Microbes Hold the Key to New Treatments?
- Examining Insurance Complications in the Shared Decision Making Process for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Filgotinib Safe, Effective for Treatment of Active Ankylosing Spondylitis
- FDA Fast Track Designation Granted for Investigational Osteoarthritis Treatment
- Ultrasonography in Gout: Potential Applications for Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information
- Immunogenicity of Golimumab Validated Using Novel Anti-Drug Antibody Detection Assay
- Poor Vitamin K Status Linked to Low BMD, Increased Fracture Risk in ESRD
- Most Insured Patients Not Using Online Portals